Friday, May 19, 2023

More than words!

Thanks for stopping by today - hello!  Michele here today and by now you might have figured out that words are pretty important to me, right?  HA!  Just try to shut me up!  

Today, I found a way to use some of my favorite words - some die-cut, some hot foiled - all found in the Doodlebugs shop!   OH and I found a home for a few more Pinkfresh Small butterflies - wink.

A good rule of design is to first create a focal point - first up: Pinkfresh Ornate Circle die: when cut, it also cuts a perfect circle from the center!  I decided to add a little 'greenery' for my butterflies there... this embossing folder is one of 100+ in my stash - I'm sure you have just the ticket, too!  I love this hot pink and orange combination...

Pinkfresh Studios Ornate Frame

and I love that this Concord & 9th Just Saying set comes with two-layer sentiment dies.

[pssst there are even more new word sets from C&9th in the shop now!]

These mini butterflies are made using my leftover foil from hot-foiling, then die cut.  It was so quick and easy to 'color' them using ink and my finger daubers!

Pinkfresh Studio Ornate Circle

Next, I used the same embossing folder as before with vellum to give an 
ethereal feel to my card base...


This fabulous BIG beautiful Thank You is from Pinkfresh Studio - the words are hot-foiled on white, then ink blended, then die cut with the shadow dies!  


Thanks so much for stopping by today - hope you found something to make you smile!
=] Michele
 
I love using my old un-labeled embossing folders - if you need a few more, 
there are tons available HERE!
 

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  
 

10 comments:

  1. So much fabulousness here, Michele. I LOVE the pink and orange - so bold and bright, just like you! Your foiling is fabulous, and the embossing behind these wonderful designs is perfect! Wonderful Friday projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that those sweet butterflies found their way to these bright and happy cards! The embossing adds just the right amount of pizazz to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold, Bright & BEAUTIFUL Michele!! And you used one of my very favorite color combinations...pink & orange!! I'm loving the large die cut sentiments and of course the wonderful butterflies too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embossing on vellum always draws me in and this is no exception! I'm also loving those bright colors and the foiled butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right about the base for the focal point and that is one beautiful die! Love the big sentiments, the colors, and the pretty butterflies. I'm a nut for embossing and this on the vellum is such a dreamy look. You never cease to amaze me, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at butterflies and hot pink. So many wonderful cards! Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What have you done with "not much color" Michele? These are so bright and beautiful, Michele, and I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card I love your bright colours and I adore stamping on vellum.I really must use my spellbinders butterflies I have the set so this has given me the push I need to use them more.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! What gorgeous cards Michele! I love the fun, bright color combo and the shine of the foiling! The butterflies are gorgeous on both cards, the big ornate circle doily is so fun and a perfect spot for those gorgeous butterflies, loving the big bold sentiments too! Both cards are amazing, but it is the vellum that has stolen my heart! Love that one! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete