Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Mama Elephant Planner Clips


Welcome friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook for another Doodlebugs guest design post. This time I'm not sharing a card but a fun way to decorate your desk or planner with super cute paperclips! They are really easy to create, totally addicting and would make a fun gift along with something to use yourself.


Mama Elephant Little Bus Agenda

Here's a look at the set I created this time. So many sizes for different uses. The large one could hold your planner more flat while writing in it while the others are great for keeping your place in your planner, book or use it as a regular paperclip on your desk.


To create these I started by stamping the images I wanted to use and colored them with copic markers. Using the coordinating dies I cut the images out, plus 3 additional blank ones too. I glued the colored image to one blank, then glued the other 2 blanks together. You should have 2 sets of each image now.


Next, I add double-sided tear tape to the back of the colored ones and the front of the blank stack. remove the release paper from the blank ones and position your paperclip where you want it. I put it as high as I can, where the points of the metal ends rest along the bottom of the image. Next, I add strong liquid glue all the way to the edges of this, remove the release paper on the back of the colored stack and adhere them together.

*Tip: I don't find that acrylic blocks put pressure in the right areas on these so I do take a moment to hold the layers together for a good hold. 

Mama Elephant Little Bus Agenda Planner Clips

This was my first large, double clip and I am loving using it to hold the page I'm writing on in my traveler's journal. It's the cutest, totally makes me smile and holds everything more flat than the others.

Mama Elephant Celebration Hamster Planner Clips

When I created this guy, I actually intended him for my desk at work for a little extra happy but he happens to hold my folder of mini photos closed in my traveler's journal closed perfectly, so that's where he lives for now. This size is also great to use as a bookmark.

Also, my boss was eyeing this guy, reminding me of when her birthday was so I think I better make a set of them.

Mama Elephant Little Frog Agenda Planner Clips

Finally, I just had to make a few with the new Little Froggy Agenda cuties! They are my favorite! The happy colors and cute images are perfect!

Mama Elephant Planner Clips

Remember, you can add finishing touches to these for that little extra as well. I used black glaze pen on any eyes I could, white gel pen highlights on the frogs and glossy accents on things like snail shells, cattails and noses. Then I also added sparkle with stardust Stickles to the sparkles in Hammy's hands and the lights on the bus.

I have to know...will you give these a try? For yourself or a friend? 

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

No comments:

Post a Comment