Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Mama Elephant - Happy We Are Friends Shaker Card

Hello crafty friends! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook with the amazing privilege to guest design on the Doodlebugs blog for the month of May. I hope you enjoy the fun things I've created! Let's get started with today's awesome shaker card!

Do you ever have a hard time not making something a shaker when you have the option? I think I really do because every time I can, I seem to go that route and love it! That's how today's card came about.

Mama Elephant Flower Friends and So Appreciated

I had a general design in mind with the polaroid frame dies holding my sentiment and the sweet images from Flower Friends below. So I die cut my frame from white cardstock and took the inside piece that cuts out and ink blended it before stamping a sentiment. For that I chose carved pumpkin and squeezed lemonade distress oxide inks. I spritzed it with water and blotted it dry, then stamped my sentiment and adhered the cute clip to the top, which is a die included in the frame set. 

Mama Elephant Flower Friends and So Appreciated

Layering my stamps in place to make sure things will fit the way I want, I thought...this could be a shaker frame! So that's what I did. I lined the back of the frame with acetate and then foam tape, sprinkled Pixie Dust micro beads inside and sealed it up with my sentiment panel. Then I moved on to stamping and coloring images from Flower Friends with my copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and moved on to the background.

Mama Elephant Flower Friends and So Appreciated

The background panel is a piece of teal cardstock with peacock feathers distress oxide ink blended at the top fading to nothing. Then I splattered watered down peacock feathers ink across the panel, followed by white paint too. I trimmed the panel to 4x5.25 inches and popped it up on a white card base.

The photo frame is added with liquid glue and the images are added with a combination of foam squares, strips and liquid glue as well. Finally, my finishing touches were black glaze pen to the puppy and bee eyes, along with stardust Stickles to the flower centers and bee wings.

Wouldn't this card be so sweet and heartwarming to receive in the mail? I hope the recipient loves it when she gets it!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

 Micro beads from Twiddlers Nook

1 comment: