Friday, May 5, 2023

For the Birds! or bird OR beach lovers!

Hello again, my Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here with a card that's for the birds! or the birdlovers in each of us!  Okay, maybe the beachlovers in each of us?  WHO doesn't love that?

Red Crowned Crane and Wave Panel from Altenew

Sometimes it's best to start with the closeup, right?

My very CAS card starts by cutting this gorgeous Altenew Wave Panel Die three times 
from white cardstock.  I used 110# cardstock and a metal shim to get all those crisp cuts.
Stack and glue them up with a piece of acetate between the first and third layers.
Turn that over and add thinly cut strips of foam adhesive to those boarders.
fill with glitter, and back with your choice of blue cardstock - instant wave!

Red Crowned Crane and Wave Panel from Altenew

For those of you who worry about that glitter:  before I adhered this little shaker to my card, I added a bead of clear adhesive on all four sides to 'lock it' inside - I hope it works!

Now about this bird - Altenew brought the Red-crowned Crane to life with all 
of these gorgeous layers!  I had such fun creating a purple crane that I shared on 
Instagram recently:
@mfergu01 if you'd like to see that one!

Red Crowned Crane and Wave Panel from Altenew

His 'red crown' was created by cutting this top layer from a snippet of red to cap off all of his white - there are TWO cranes included in this set!  I'm in love!  These guys are going to collect lots of frequent flyer miles in my studio!  Living on the east shore of Lake Michigan means there are lots of waves in my future, too!

Thanks for stopping by today!
=] Michele
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

13 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME card Michele! I love the wave panel with the glitter behind it...reminds me of the diamonds you see on Lake Michigan when the sun hits the water! And the crane is magnificent! I love that you basically left him white except for the pop of red and black...he really stands out!! Truly a FABULOUS card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a certain photographer (maybe two!) who would love to see this red head soaring over those sparkling waves! Fabulous CAS card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! That wave die in the background is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, this is so amazing! I see glitter on the water when the sun is shining a certain way, and always in the trees when there's sunshine after a bit of rain. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - love the look of that stacked layer background die cut and your beautiful crane Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach, lake or pond....it is clear these is water involved somewhere! LOL I love this card Michele! I love that background and how cool you put in the glitter...now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays in there! Love that beautiful crane, just how you see them flying in the sky. Just gorgeous! A CAS that was done to perfection! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This die cut crane is just as beautiful as the last! The pop of his red cap and black feet are awesome and the background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful, Michele. That waves die is gorgeous, and you know I am going to have to have it. Love the way you did the shaker element and that crane is magnificent. A beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a beautiful landscape for the wonderful crane to fly above, Michele. And a shaker one no less.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, I can't stop staring at this design! The background die is just gorgeous and that crane in it's "natural" colors is SO elegant! A beautiful shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an elegant CAS beauty, Michele! Love the fantastic design!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete