Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Mama Elephant Sending Lots of Love

 Hello everyone! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook again today with some more fun Mama Elephant inspiration. I adore the striped heart in the Mod Heart die set and have wanted to pair it with one of the To My Dearest critters for a while. Well, I finally just got everything out and played! It turned out so sweet too!

Mama Elephant To My Dearest stamp and die

I used the dies and stamps to be sure everything was going to fit the way I wanted it to. Then I started ink blending, stamping and coloring. First, I did a little trick to get my ink blending to show up on the heart with the whole rainbow. Super simple but does take a moment of thinking ahead.


I simply took a white cardstock panel, flipped the die over on it and traced the outline. We know the pencil won't show because it's outside the cutting area of the die and this way I can plan my rainbow blending a little easier.

Once the blending was done, I ran the panel through my die cutter with the die, flipped it over to keep the pieces in the die and used washi tape to adhere them together before removing them from the die. You can't see the washi at all because I used a mostly white/transparent one so I could also just add my foam tape strips at the same time.

Mama Elephant To My Dearest and Mod Heart

Next, I chose the cute Hammy from To My Dearest to stamp and color. After I colored, I stamped a sentiment on the paper and then used the coordinating die to cut him out. I also stamped some small hearts and used the dies to cut them out too.

Mama Elephant To My Dearest and Mod Heart

Finally, I cut the ragged edge rectangle from Mod Heart out of kraft cardstock. Then I inked it up with Distress Oxide ink in Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso for a worn paper look. I spritzed the panel with water and blotted it dry before adding foam tape to the back and popping it up on a white card base.

Next, I added the rainbow heart and finally Hammy and the tiny hearts floating away. For finishing touches I added black glaze pen to his eyes and glossy accents to his nose. Then, I used stardust Stickles for all of the small hearts.

Simple card but so sweet and sure to make someone's day.

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 
 

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

Copic Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment