Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Hey You Page Huggers

 Happy Hump Day everyone! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. I'm thrilled to be on the Doodlebugs blog again today with another sweet card using Mama Elephant stamps and dies. These Page Huggers released quite a while ago but are so adorable and very fun to create with!

Mama Elephant Page Hugger dies and Six Window Cover Plate

Today I chose three out of the four critters in the set to stamp and color with my copic markers. At first I was going to have them each hold something different in their hands but that envelope is just so sweet, I went with happy mail from each of them instead. After coloring everything, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Mama Elephant Page Hugger dies and Six Window Cover Plate

Full transparency, I die cut the Six Window cover plate from white cardstock and then used distress oxide ink to add color. Highly recommend learning from me and inking your paper before die cutting. Lol! It's doable but it was a pain trying not to bend and fold the skinny parts between the windows.

I went with picked raspberry on the outer edge and kitsch flamingo for the center. Then I spritzed it with water and blotted it dry. 

Mama Elephant Page Hugger dies and Six Window Cover Plate

Then, I took a white piece of cardstock and inked up lost shadow distress oxide behind the windows I wanted critters in. I mocked up my critters in the windows to see how things were looking and wanted more texture. So that's where I flicked lost shadow ink on the white panel before stamping sentiments in the open windows from  the To My Dearest stamp set.

Another funny for you and a way to salvage what might be lost. I had the tiny heart below "hey you" at the same time I was stamping the sentiments and I also had the grid window in place in my MISTI to make sure things lined up. Between inking the stamps and closing the lid, the heart fell and stamped on my pink panel. I almost lost it. But I took a breath and stared at it for a minute before thinking this could work. And now we have tiny hearts all over the cover panel.

Mama Elephant Page Hugger dies and Six Window Cover Plate

Now we're finally ready for assembly. Glue the sentiment panel to a card base and add your critters to the open windows with liquid glue where you can. Then flip the window panel over and line it with foam strips and squares. Pop that in place on the card front and you're ready for finishing touches.

This is one of my favorite parts of creating a card. Things really come to life here. I added black glaze pen to all of their eyes and glossy accents to the critter noses and the hearts on the envelopes. Then at the very end I also added it to the heart under "hey you." It was the problem child after all so I thought it needed some extra attention.

I hope you enjoyed this creation and find some humor and comradery in my flubs. We all make them. You're not alone. Message me if you're ever having a moment. I'm happy to chat!

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Remember that if you use my link to make your first purchase with Doodlebugs, you get 15% off. Plus she's got crazy awesome free shipping thresholds, rewards program and AMAZING customer service! Click HERE to shop your heart out!
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

No comments:

Post a Comment