Friday, May 12, 2023

Anniversary Tulips!

Hello friends!  My darling husband and I are right now as you are reading this [she hopes] on a ferry boat to Mackinac Island to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary!  We were both born and raised right here in Michigan - but NEITHER of us has ever visited our [no cars allowed] Island!  

To celebrate our special day, I created this card in honor of the tulips [though they were white] I carried down the aisle!

Welcome, Spellbinders Wonderful Tulips to my ever-growing collection of tulips!!  

Spellbinders Wonderful Tulips Hot Foil Plate and Stencils

Here is how this peek-a-boo card came together:

I first foiled a half-sheet of Hammermill white card with the Tulip plate, and sentiment, using a satin foil.  Then I added color, using the coordinating Layering Stencils and three shades of ink for the tulips, and two shades of green for the stems/leaves.

Spellbinders Wonderful Tulips Hot Foil Plate and Stencils

The set comes with a die to cut the floral outline on the right side, leaving the straight edge of 
cardstock as is.  I then created a side-fold A2 card [4.25 x 5.5 inches] and used the same die
to partially cut the front of my card.  The stenciled tulips were then simple aligned and glued
to the front panel.  I used an unlabeled stencil from my stash to add a little interest to the part of my card that will show, and strategically place a circle of plain white into the fold for my inside sentiment.

Spellbinders Wonderful Tulips Hot Foil Plate and Stencils

Isn't she lovely?? I LOVE the detail the layering stencils give to my tulips!

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  
The stencil Michele used is not currently available.  Below are a few suggested substitutes.

14 comments:

  1. Stunning card for your anniversary! Those tulips look so fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Michele, the foiling, the tulips, the stenciling, everything! LOL Happy Anniversary as well! I'm glad you and hubby got away and to a special place in your neck of the woods. Hoping you are having a grand time there on the Island. I always love seeing video's of the Island and boy, it is a place I'd love to visit as well! Enjoy, you both deserve it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous card!! Perfect this time of year for Michigan!! Mt husband and I were married on Mackinac Island June 20th, 21 years ago, a second marriage for us both!! We love the Island and have made it there every year, but we have a lake house 30 miles from there so that makes it easy LOL, have fun, lots to do there, crowded but fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tulips, love the colour, the fancy shape and the stencilled background. Wishing you an amazing anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and clever! I love the cut away front. Happy anniversary, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They aren't your favorite white tulips but they sure are pretty! I like the bit of interest the stenciling adds without distracting from the main event one bit! Wonderful card, Michele! I miss that island and need to get back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tulips and a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you and Tom! What a beautiful way to commemorate your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely card and even prettier when I saw it in person Michele! Hope you're having a fabulous time on the island!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your trip was magical. Happy Anniversary! Your card is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just gorgeous. What a great foil, die, stencil combo, and you have used it so beautifully. Happy Anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful time. Block Island in Rhode Island is accessible by ferry and no cars allowed too. We had a fabulous time there, and I hope your stay is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete