Monday, March 7, 2022

Using a Hot Foil Plate to Emboss


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a super cute spring-themed card.

To start my card, I decided to use the Pinkfresh Studio Lush Vines Hot Foil Plate as an impression plate.  Those leaves and vines are perfect for these little birdies.  I totally think of a canopy of trees.


I used a rubber mat beneath the cardstock and hot foil plate sandwich just like you would for impressing with any die. Note I treated this like I do 3D embossing folders by spritzing the cardstock lightly with water to reduce the chances of the paper breaking.  Worked a treat!

And not to worry, you will definitely see the foiled version soon enough!


I colored up the Sunny Studio Little Birdie images using Copics.  I particularly love how their eyes are drawn. So cute!

I stamped the sentiment on a Lawn Fawn Simple Wavy Banner and perched a bird on it because why not. :)  

I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment