Monday, March 28, 2022

Embossing and Watercolor


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a watercolored floral card using Altenew African Daisy and Pinkfresh Studio Brushed Sentiments with a Honey Bee Crystal Kaleidoscope Stencil background.


I embossed the Altenew African Daisy on Strathmore Bristol and colored it up with Zigs. The embossed edges help to corral the ink as well as lends the image a no-line coloring look. My favorite part is definitely the corraling--no need to wait while the paint dries!

ASIDE: African daisies are among my usual summer flowers and the above picture (not mine) is my favorite colorway. They're really easy to grow and will bloom continuously through October here in the PNW as long as you deadhead.


I used the Honey Bee Crystal Kaleidoscope Stencil with Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina to create a backdrop for the floral image which I had fussy cut out.

I stamped the Pinkfresh Studio Brushed Sentiments in a bold black and cut them out with the Pinkfresh Studio Brushed Sentiment Dies. I don't usually buy outline dies but make an exception for sentiments as I love how clean it looks.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

1 comment:

  1. So very beautiful, Toni - as is that photo! What a gorgeous flower! I love this color combination!
    =]

    ReplyDelete