Monday, August 23, 2021

Hello from Toni: Lawn Fawn Underwater Birthdays


Hello, friends! Today I have another set of birthday cards, this time with an underwater theme. Bloop, bloop!

I knew I wanted to use both the negative and positive of the Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday to You die so sponged the panel prior to cutting.  I used Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch which I spattered with water.


I die cut the card front and adhered an acetate panel behind the resulting negative.  It was easy to reposition the little bits. I sprinkled some sequins onto my card base which I had sponged with Distress Oxide Mustard Seed and used 1/8" Scor-Tape to adhere the acetate card front down. 


I next colored up the Lawn Fawn You Are Sublime and Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You images using Copics. I added diecut coral from my stash as well as a bunch of Pretty Pink Posh sequins.


The second card came together very quickly.  I sponged some waves onto the card base using Distress Oxide Salty Ocean then stamped some Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You plants onto the base using DO Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Abandoned Coral and Wilted Violet.

The Lawn Fawn You Are Sublime submarine is coming up behind the Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday to You while the Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You mermaid watches on.  Ever so cute!


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include

No comments:

Post a Comment