Friday, July 2, 2021

Hello from Toni: Bonus Altenew Roses


Hi, everyone!  I hope you're having a fabulous day!   Today I'm sharing a couple of more cards using the Altenew Craft-a-Flower Antique Rose dies.

While I was using the dies to make this past Monday's card, I realized that the negative of the third layer would make an amazing card.  


My initial thought was just a single bloom in the middle but I pushed it further, cutting out two blossoms and 3 sets of leaves. This required tracking my pieces carefully so I could reattach the 3 corners that had been chopped off during the design process.

I sponged the card base with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn and spattered it with water for the leaves.  For the blossoms I used Honey Bee Team Tie-Die 6x6 Paper.  The sentiment is from Altenew Beautiful Day.


That card done, I now had the diecuts to play with--woo hoo!  I painted thick lines of Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina onto a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper textured side up.  I then used gold watercolor paint over that (see substitutes in the product list) and added a bit of gold foil.

I used both rose layers so it would have a nice thickness to it.  The leaves are single layers.

I embossed the Altenew Fairy Tale Florals sentiment onto vellum and tucked that into the corner below the blossom.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:

No comments:

Post a Comment