Monday, March 8, 2021

Hello from Toni: Mama Elephant Little Mermaiden


Bloop, bloop, everyone!  I hope you're having a good day filled with lots of cuteness, including this little shaker card I made for my sister's birthday.

I reserve shakers for special people for special occasions as they can be quite time-consuming as you know.  Good thing my sister is worth the effort!  Do you do the same?


I started the card by sponging the card base with Distress Oxides and spattering with water. While that dried I cut out the Mama Elephant Grid Window die and adhered clear acetate to it. I was quite proud of myself for remembering to do that before adding the sparkly innards. I cannot tell you how many times I have forgotten--argh!


Next I colored up the Mama Elephant Little Mermaiden Agenda images with Copics. They're so darn cute!  I hope they come out with a little sea creature agenda some day.  Are you with me?

I figure out the placement of the images and adhered them to the card base.  Then I applied foam tape to the grid, placed it face down with the foam tape up and added the sparkly bits. 


Talk about cold sweat while I was removing that foam tape backing. That's also why I decided not to add glitter. I don't care how careful I am, I always get glitter on the foam tape, ruining its stickiness. Bah!

Now I did mess up in terms of forgetting to emboss the sentiment before adding the foam tape. It turned out okay tho.  I was afraid I wouldn't get a clear impression since there wasn't anything solid beneath but all good.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  I use old school copier transparency film for my shakers.  This stuff is meant to withstand the heat of a toner copier and works just fine with my heat gun.  I suspect that regular acetate marketed for shakers would melt but haven't test that.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:

1 comment: