Friday, April 21, 2023

Warm weather brings warm [colored] Concord & 9th Flowers

It's April 21st and by now I'd hope our weather has turned a corner - but one never knows!  No matter what the weather, warm colored blooms are always just the ticket to warm our attitudes, right?

Michele here today, and I've dusted off my Prismacolor pencils for a lovely image from Concord & 9thBlended Petals.  This set comes with just one image and many sentiments to suit my needs.  I stamped the florals onto a panel of pencil-friendly paper like this one from Strathmore.  It has a nice 'tooth' that will grab the pencil coloring but allow for layers of color to be added a bit at a time - so important for blending colors for highlights and shadows.

Concord and 9th Blended Petals and colored pencils

Ready for my finished project?


After all the coloring was complete, I used the coordinating die to partial-cut
the floral image - adding foam just under that cut edge to lift it.
This sentiment is just one of those in the set that fits on the fun label die in the set!

Concord and 9th Blended Petals and colored pencils

I can't wait to watercolor this image - AND Copic color it, too!


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope I've inspired you to try colored pencils - just take your time, and plenty of breaks, too - there is a certain muscle in my arm that really got a workout!  OH! If pencil coloring isn't your thing, there is a gorgeous set of coloring stencils available!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! would be interesting to see watercolor, Copic and pencil side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Michele!! Your coloring with the colored pencils is so pretty and I love the look of the "toothy" side with the colored pencils...really gives the color some depth and dimension! LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. you chose great coraly colors and your greens are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie, you make me want to get my pencils out. It's been a while as my coloring hand has become a problem, grrrr. Love the penciled look and your two bloom colors together. A thing of beauty, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Can't wait to see it in more mediums, your coloring is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t usually pop over but you had me at this! Great end result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great image no matter how you color it! It's beautiful done in pencils and I can't wait to see it done in watercolor and Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture the rough side of the paper gave this! Fabulous coloring, Michele. So warm and lovely. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your talents never cease. You are equally talented with pencil as you are with other mediums. Gorgeous card, my friend! Yeah, and we woke up to snow on the ground. With more on the way next week. C'mon Mother Nature!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing pencil-colored florals, Michele! I love that you gave them a little dimension by partial die-cutting. So clever!
    I didn't know Strathmore had pencil-friendly paper. Thanks for sharing the info!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete