Friday, April 14, 2023

It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shine-y card!

Altenew Sulfur Cosmos layerd flower dies

Hello my Doodlebugs friends!  It's Michele here bringing you some bright blooms - I can only hope you have a sunshine-y day to match!

I recently added this wonderful Altenew Sulfur Cosmos layering die set to my ever-growing collection - it was love at first play for me!  Instead of starting out with white cardstock, I chose a pale yellow, and medium green then added a bit of blended ink to bump up the colors.  Like this:


It's always good to follow the guide that Altenew is kind enough to include in their packaging, and online.  I love their keyhole, and arrow guides - each numbered and really easy to stack!  After figuring out which dies go together, here is how I store them for ease of use the next time:


You will NOT find a stem die included in the set - easily remedied by cutting a slim strip of the same green cardstock and arranging accordingly.  But seriously, the set is perfect without it!

Altenew Sulfur Cosmos layerd flower dies

Don't they look adorable on this Pinkfresh Daisy Chain cover panel?  I had so much eyelet in my wardrobe in my teens - did you?  

You might see that my petals have been popped up here and there to give them a more realistic look and I'm sure you've noticed I've used that wonderful Waffle Flower Craft Hello Friend again - I have a little stash ready to go whenever I need one! 

Happy weekend everyone!

=] Michele

 Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

7 comments:

  1. Your bright yellow Cosmos are GORGEOUS Michele, and yes, they do match the day outside today! The yellow and green POP so beautifully against that sweet white eyelet background...lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those bright yellow buds against the white detailed backdrop. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunny yellow flowers are extra cheerful, but that marvelous background has me smiling big time! I might have to shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my these are gorgeous! I also have a soft spot for those wonderfully fonted (?) sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Cosmos too, Michele. I haven't made them in yellow yet but yours are so pretty and cheerful I may have to do that. I have a couple of eyelet blouses now. There's something about the look that I love, including that coverplate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunshiny happy card, Michele. Love the tips and the eyelet background. I love me some eyelet!! Yesterday, when you posted this, it was rainy and even snowy! But so far it's sunny this morning. Thanks for sharing this delightfully happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sure brightened up my day! I do love those gorgeous yellow flowers, and the eyelet background seems to be the absolute perfect thing for them.

    ReplyDelete