Monday, April 24, 2023

Fancy cake birthday shaker card

I'm back with a fun, a shaker, birthday card using the Fancy Cake die from Pretty Pink Posh.  I added lots of new embellishments from Trinity Stamps to the shop and had to play with the Stained Glass Confetti Mix.  It's perfect for a birthday celebration.

 
As I usually do, I did all my die-cutting first.  Actually, I cut quite a few of these cakes, and all the extra pieces.  (you'll be seeing them in future blog posts) Then I spent some time assembling them.  This helps my creative process.  When I sit down to make my cards, I have numerous cakes, in different colors to choose from.  This one seemed perfect for the shaker card I had in mind.

Pretty Pink Posh Fancy Cake shaker birthday card

The frame that comes with the Fancy Cake die is perfect for creating a shaker window.  I cut several of the frames, stacked them up, added a piece of acetate, and then finished with one last frame over the acetate.  

I added my confetti to the top of the card and then secured the acetate, frame window over the top.  I added my cake and a sentiment I had on hand from the Birthday Unboxing Hot Foil plate.  Last time I used that hot foil plate I made a few extras.  I knew they'd come in handy at a time when I didn't want to get out all my hot foil products.

Hope you enjoyed this project and you're inspired to get creative.

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

No comments:

Post a Comment