Friday, April 28, 2023

Spring of a different color is just as sweet!

Hello my Doodlebugs friends!  I hope Spring is treating you well and your world is full of the fresh colors of Springtime!  If you live in my neck o' the woods, Spring is a little behind [at least it was at the time of this writing] but no worries!  I have such a love of neutrals I'm just as happy to share that with you today!

Ready?  I have a flurry of 'flutterbys' for you so I'm getting right to it!

Altenew Bergenia Embossing Folder and PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies

I should start by telling you that I've hot foiled my Pinkfresh Small Butterflies with 
white Spellbinders foil! Yes, white!  I love how it looks over this kraft cardstock!
My card base is pale grey and embossed using Altenew's Beautiful Bergenia folder.

Altenew Bergenia Embossing Folder and PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies

This wonderful sentiment is one from Altenew's Versatile Greetings die set which includes both the shadow and upper layer of each word in the set. Today, I cut
one thanks and friend from both kraft and white, then used the top layer to create and outline die cut!
Pretty cute, huh?

My next card shows the sentiment as Altenew intended it to be used.
A few butterflies fluttering around in a circle looks right at home over another one
that I've embossed with that Bergenia folder again.

Altenew Versatile Greetings and PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies

One last card with the Bergenia folder and a tiny tag from Honey Bee Stamps:

Altenew Bergenia Embossing Folder and PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies

Altenew Bergenia Embossing Folder and PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies

Before I leave you to your weekend plans, here is another use of that white foil - this time on a deep charcoal cardstock... and my favorite Pinkfresh Songbirds on Branches foil plate and dies.

PinkFresh Studio Songbirds on Branches Hot Foil Plate

I never would have imagined white foil - but I love the look, and the matte finish of the foil!

Okay, that's it for me today - that sentiment says it all - you are all such a blessing in my life!

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

16 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! These are some impressive cards! That 3D embossing folder is amazing, and of course, the neutral tones are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these soft colors and white foiling... deep embossing, butterflies... my heart's a'flutter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew just plain ol' neutrals could be SO BEAUTIFUL??!! Your cards are just STUNNING Michele! I love the white foiling and that embossing folder is GORGEOUS! Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the white foil too and you can never go wrong with a pretty butterfly! These are all beautiful, Michele. Your signature neutrals sure do put on a marvelous show today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Bergenia is my all time fave EF and I love how you showcased it on your cards, especially in neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These soothing tones are so you Michele. Fabulous and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these are so beautiful. I love the white foiling. Have the foil, but haven't used it. Love it on white, love it on kraft, love it on black. An abundance of gorgeousness here, Michele. I have to drag out the foiling supplies...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That embossing folder is exquisite, Michele. So much dimension and the right proportion for your butterflies. You have a genuine touch for using neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards all of them, that grey is so beautiful and then the last card with the birds and leaves stunning. All so eye catching💗

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You rocked out these cards! Love all of them! Pinning…

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO many gorgeous cards -- I'm speechless! Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, a group of gorgeous cards. I also like the white foil. Your butterflies are lovely as is the beautiful embossing folder and the neutral tones are so pretty.TtFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful kaleidoscope! That white foil is so pretty, but your crisp embossing and those wonderful butterflies really shine bright. Thank you SO much for sharing and adding such beauty to my morning, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a blessing to me too, my friend! Another beautiful embossing folder! I love it embossed on white and gray, but on kraft, it takes my breath away! A perfect match for these little flutterbys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow white foil! These are total elegance - every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these cards are fantastic, Michele! Love the variety of your designs, using the 3D embossed Bergenia background. All four cards are neutral beauties!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete