Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Creating a pop-up garden card with Concord & 9th's Friendly Florals

 Hi friends!  I'm still busy making flowers hoping it will bring some spring weather.  If I can't have flowers in the garden, I'm sure going to have them on my cards.  Something you may not know about me....my second favorite hobby is gardening.

Concord & 9th Friendly Florals  and Just Saying dies

For this card I was inspired by the lovely Jennifer McGuire.  I used her framework to create a pop-up card.  You'll find the specific instruction for the pop-up portion of the card on her blog or YouTube channel

After creating the basic structure I embellished it with the Friendly Florals dies from Concord & 9th.  That long, oval window is also from the Friendly Florals set.  I thought it made the perfect window for those long, lovely flowers.

Concord & 9th Friendly Florals die set
I did some ink blending for the background and then sprayed it with the Iridescent Shimmer Spray from Altenew.  I cut and layered the flowers, added a bit of shading with my copic markers and added them to the window.

Concord and 9th Friendly Florals and Just Saying Dies

My favorite part are those cute little bees.  Aren't they sweet?  I added some glitter glue to their wings for some added sparkle.

Hope you enjoyed my project today.  Thanks for stopping by!

Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

No comments:

Post a Comment