Monday, June 13, 2022

Using a Stencil to Create a Focal Point


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a card that uses a stencil to further highlight the Honey Bee Seeds of Kindness image.


I started my card by using Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade with one of the Pinkfresh Studio Layered Sunburst Stencils.  Just one, mind you, to keep it simple.  I then spattered with Distress Ink Black Soot and set that aside to dry.


Next I cut out the Honey Bee Seed Packet die from a thin watercolor paper (I'd estimate it's 80lb tops) and stamped the Honey Bee Seeds of Kindness image on the front.  I ended up mounting the packet on black cardstock.

I colored the image with Zigs in keeping with the "messy" look of the background. I particularly love the look of the banner.  I expanded on the text by adding a Honey Bee Seeds of Kindness sentiment that I cut out with the Honey Bee Seeds of Kindness dies.



I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment