Friday, June 10, 2022

Do you have 'full-set' syndrome?

Hello, fellow Doodlebugs fans!  Michele again - and I have to tell you I'm repeating myself today!  I am so happy to have all the pieces and parts of Altenew's Magnolia Ballerinas in my happy hands!  I don't always have to 'have it all' but sure do understand when other crafters do!


Today, I've found a really wonderful way to use their embossing folder that may seem quite simple - but WOW did it save me time!  Here's how I got my card going...


- First, I stamped it in Versafine Tuxedo Black ink onto 
Strathmore Mixed Media paper.

- Then, after allowing it time to dry, I used the layered stencils to ink it up - really simply adding GinaK's Skeleton Leaves amalgam ink.

- I cut out the Magnolias with the coordinating die, and 
- dry-embossed 
another sheet of Mixed Media paper with the embossing folder.

Here's where the time-saver came in!  Using a dotted glue runner, I 
added glue to only the raised parts of the embossed image..


- no need to snip all of those fine pieces of foam tape!!

Here is my completed card... not one bit of foam peeking out
from behind!  I really believe it will make a difference in how these
dimensional cards will get through the mail un-damaged, too.
Of course, I'll be testing that theory LOL!


I decided this image was worthy of an A7 card [5x7"] and I sure hope you agree!
Just the teensiest bit had to be clipped.  The sentiment is just one of many in
the stamp set that would come in handy on many a card.

All of you 'full set' friends have shown me how wonderful they all work together, and I sure hope companies like Altenew, and Pinkfresh keep making them!
=]  Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

10 comments:

  1. Hello gorgeous! Love the way you've added color to this delicate set and the use of the embossing folder is brilliant! Fabulous card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just BEAUTIFUL Michele and great way to add dimension...LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "full set" syndrome, but can't afford it. lol If I could, I would have "full" sets of a lot of things. Your card is simply gorgeous Michele! I am loving this "full" set! The flower is so delicate and beautiful. Shut the front door on the tip Michele!!! What a fabulous idea! Now if I only had a full set to try this out with myself. lol I do love this idea and you are a genius for thinking of it. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I do love the options that stencils give for coloring. Its a look that is hard to achieve another way. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card and thanks for that tip, I shall do my best to remember it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele always has the greatest ideas. This is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous in every way. Thanks for sharing that time-saving and clever tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. You made me buy the stamps... now I need the rest. Just so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative and as always so inspirational Michele. A stunner of a card x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I love everything about it, and have now added two more products to my wish list, having only two of the four Magnolia Ballerina products!

    ReplyDelete