Friday, June 17, 2022

Altenew Paint-a-Flower African Daisies

Do you ever get 'stuck' or feel a little low on crafty mojo?  When that happens to me - and believe me it does happen - I reach for one of the many Altenew Paint-a-Flower sets I have in my stash to get myself going again!  Doodlebugs has LOTS to choose from HERE!


When it comes to masculine cards, the less color the better in my view.
Here's a way to say thanks to one of your guys without paint, markers, or inks - okay, maybe just your favorite black ink.

I cut a full card-front from kraft card using a Mama Elephant Basic Rectangles die to start.  I find it easier to determine where I want to stamp an image as large as this and use this time to determine where my other design elements will be - like the sentiment strip - this one's an oldie but goody from Altenew but those that come with the African Daisies are wonderful too.

Did you happen to catch my 'no machine' stitching?  


I bet even the best of all Copic colorists practice, practice, practice!
So, reaching for a handful of markers, I did the same!


The Paint-a-Flower series doesn't come with coordinating dies.  When I 
can, I reach for a way to add interest to those florals in another way:
like a partial die-cut circle...


I popped it up with pink fun foam, and even embossed the 'leftovers' for fun!

Here is my finished card:


I hope you don't ever run out of mojo, but it happens to the best of us!  Get a jump-start by using no color at all, or maybe use this time to practice?  I'm no expert but I do know that NOT coloring doesn't help me get better!

Have a wonderful weekend!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

11 comments:

  1. Love these...and your "no-machine" stitching is divine! I was hoping it was a stamp, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of sewing! No coloring is a great way to use this stamp and coloring is even better. I agree with practice, practice, practice! It's working for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's some nifty sewing! Colored or non-colored, they're both fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent cards and wonderful advice, Michele! I love the Kraft no color card! Great tip on practicing coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the tips Michele. Love both cards and especially that stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving both of these wonderful cards Michele!! They're both so CAS, eye catching, and perfect!! I love the simplicity of the kraft and black inking...perfection! And your colored flowers just couldn't be any prettier!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fabulous, Michele! Love how you made the circle panel and added texture to the background panel to highlight the beauty of the daisies!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully colored African Daisies and love how you die cut your image with a circle die and added to dry embossed linen background with a simple sentiment, Michele. TFS. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Loved your stamped on kraft cardstock and uncolored daisies too:-) Hugs..

      Delete
  9. I can't imagine you losing your mojo Michele! I don't have great mojo to begin with, my mojo can't compare to your worst mojo. lol I do love the kraft/black and stitched card, it is simple, but without color, it does give a masculine feel-blow me over! The colored version is beautiful as well, I love the partial die cutting and need to try doing it myself. I also love the way you used the left over die cut piece for your embossed background. You are such a clever gal! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. My eye went right to that stitching when I saw the whole card... funny. I thought it was a stamp too! I love the look of no coloring on kraft. The colored image is fantastic, and how wonderfully you used it on that gorgeous linen background. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete