Monday, June 6, 2022

Making Your Own Stencils with Dies


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a summer card where I made my own stencil using a die.  It's super easy to do and can really pull the background together with the rest of your design.

I cut the Lawn Fawn Strawberry Patch leaves out of a study cardstock. If I'm using the diecut for masking a simple circle, for example, I will use scrap printer paper, but I was planning to sponge front and back with this so made it to last.


I sponged my stencil onto the card base using Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron. I flipped and rotated the stencil as I went along.

Next I cut the Lawn Fawn Fruit Basket out of kraft cardstock, sponging it at the bottom with DO Vintage Photo for a bit of shadow.

I cut the Lawn Fawn Strawberry Patch berries out of white, sponging them with DO Barn Door and Aged Mahagony.  The strawberry seeds are cut from a dark brown cardstock. 


Before adhering the strawberry basket to the card base, I added the Mama Elephant Striallop Diagonal frame and stamped the Pinkfresh Studio Always Uplifting sentiment.

Lastly I sponged the diecut leaves from my homemade stencil with greens, tucking the leaves here and there to add fullness to the basket.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!


PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment