Monday, June 27, 2022

Choosing Colors for Layered Stencils


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a card with so many happy colors!  Purple, green, yellow clouds--why not?

I started the card by sponging the card base with the Pretty Pink Posh Layered Clouds Stencils and a variety of Distress Oxides. I chose the colors so that when they overlapped and blended, happy new complimentary colors would be created.  I didn't want mud after all.


I then adhered the Mama Elephant Tree Branch Cover onto the card base, using MFT Poppin' Polka Dots 6x6 Paper and a scrap of Doodlebug Design paper for the leaves and flowers.

I embossed the Avery Elle Bee a Keeper in white and added a Lawn Fawn Henry's ABCs "Hi" above it. 


Looking at it now, a black embossed sentiment would have worked too (and frankly shown up better on the clouds).

Finally, I added images from Sunny Studio Little Birdie that I colored up with Copics.  Aren't they cuter than cute?


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment