Monday, February 14, 2022

Diecut Negatives as the Focal Point


Happy Valentine's Day!  Toni here with you today sharing a card inspired by conversation hearts. They barely have a flavor and the texture is like chalk but I love them, what can I say?


I had leftover Mama Elephant Heart Grid Window hearts from an earlier Valentine and didn't want them to go to waste. Heck, no!

So I sponged them with a variety of Distress Oxides (Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Milled Lavender, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, and Picked Raspberry), keeping my touch light so they'd be pastel.


I then adhered them to the card front, using the diecut positive as a template.  Once the ink had fully dried, I embossed them with Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Sentiments and Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Holiday Sentiments.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment