Monday, November 8, 2021

Hello from Toni: Cozy Fall Critters


Hi, Doodlebugs fans! Are those of you in the northern hemisphere enjoying the season? I certainly have although I admit I'm a bit tired of raking leaves. But I'm not tired of seeing our residents squirrels; they're so very cute.


As is the squirrel and other critters in the Pretty Pink Posh Cozy Fall Critters set. I paired it with the Pretty Pink Posh Autumn Leaves stencil sponged with Distress Oxide Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, and Peeled Paint. 


I colored up the squirrel with Zigs and added highlights throughout with my beloved Posca white pigment pen.

I used the Pretty Pink Posh Cozy Fall Critters skunk on the second card. I used happy papers from the Honey Bee Birthday Bash 6x6 pad on the card base then added a circle frame for that adorable critter. 


I used a Mama Elephant Let's Chat speech bubble for the sentiment.

Now I'm not one to waste crafty supplies so after I got over my frustration at how some of the black lines I had drawn on the sponged leaves below turned out, I got back to it and decided it wasn't the ugliest thing on the planet.


I made the sketchy lines a feature, adding a thick black line to create a faux panel and sponged the bottom with just a tiny bit of Dried Marigold.  Not too shabby for a one layer card that almost made it into the bin.

I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment