Monday, April 5, 2021

Hello from Toni: Mama Elephant Signage


Hello, everyone!  I'm so excited about today's card! Not because it's cute, although it most certainly is, but because I stretched my supplies.  Woo hoo!  Looking at the card, do you know what I did? Take a second. Guesses?


I used the Mama Elephant Lift Flap Grid die without the flippy flappies! I did this by cutting it twice--once normally then removing the diecut and rotating it 180 degrees, carefully nestling it back in the cover plate, and cutting it again. It worked a treat! 

Now I have a cover plate that does double duty. The way I see it, I saved myself cash and now can buy more crafty stuff. Insert happy dance!


So, I sponged the new rounded square grid diecut with Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron. I used my airbrush with Copic YG01, YG07, and G28 on the card base using one of the Pretty Pink Posh Layered Leaves & Flowers Stencils.

I stamped and colored the Mama Elephant Little Signage Agenda critters with Zigs (listed below). They are too too cute! This is such a clever stamp set allowing you to choose the letters and critters.  I hope Mama Elephant comes out with more sets like this, don't you?


I used additional tiny sentiments from Mama Elephant Little Girl Agenda and Big News. I sprinkled a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins across the card, taking advantage of the popped up grid to create more visual interest. I popped the lion up too as you can see below. I really like the interplay of the different depths.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:


No comments:

Post a Comment