Monday, April 19, 2021

Hello from Toni: Mixed Media Pinkfresh Studio

Hello, everyone, and happy spring! My garden is blooming and the sunshine just makes everything seem so much better, you know?  In celebration, I decided to work up a floral card for today.

I got deliciously messy but still quite simple. This is easily achieved in your own craft space with a few mods if you don't have everything I used.


First I used the MFT Wonky Dots Stencil and pounced some Distress Oxides on it which I then spritzed with water. I smooshed that onto my Bristol paper, dried it, then gave it a light coating of gesso.  In some cases I used Distress Oxide Sprays (Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar) rather than the whole pounce-and-spritz thing if I had it in the color I wanted to use.


I did this 3 times so the colors and patterns beneath are quite evident but subtle. Just a lovely backdrop for the gorgeous Pinkfresh Studio Choose Hope flowers.

I stamped and embossed that in gold then used Zigs to color the image up. Notice how you can see the background tones in pink, cream and gray (Speckled Egg) showing through.

For the gold spatters, I flicked Distress Oxide Vintage Photo (put some DO on an acrylic block and spritzed with water) onto the card front then embossed.  There's a bit of resulting gold/brown pattern play. Glorious!

I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:

No comments:

Post a Comment