Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday with Amy: Your Day Will Be | Lawn Fawn




Happy May Day!  I can't believe it's already May!  Hi, I'm Amy and I'm sharing a project that features Lawn Fawn products:

Reveal Wheel Square Add-On Lawn Cuts

Here's how I was inspired:


I used some Lawn Fawn Scallop Squares for the base that aren't available in the shop, you could just measure out cardstock to 4 or 4.25 inch square so that it postal friendly.  My overall card is 4.5 x4.5

The white panel are cut from Bristol.  The purple and black cardstock are from my stash.


Oh my goodness, the Fortune Teller Tabby is so cute, isn't she?  I don't know why I waited so long to ink her up.  She's been stamped in Versafine Onyx.  The image has been colored with Zig Clean Color Markers:

Zig:  Clean Color Real Brush Marker - Light Gray


The background is a mix of the following Distress Oxides using the smooshing technique:


I loaded up my glass mat with the each color inked up separately with a spritz of water.  I 'smooshed' my panel into the puddles and used a tissue to sop up the extra and then used my heat gun on the panel in between each other application.


I heat embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock.  I used the Reveal Wheel Square add-on Wheel Lawn Cuts to cut it and then trimmed it down to the size I wanted.  Each of the sentiments have been stamped on the wheel in Lawn Fawn Jet Black.  I used the small Detail Blender Brush to ink up the circle with the coordinating purple ink while the template was still on top of it.  It worked as a stencil.  It's not really noticeable but in real life it's a nice touch.


This is a birthday card for someone turning 30 that is a Vet Tech and Cat Lover.

Links to products used can be found below:

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant birthday card, great choice for a vet tech, they should adore it. Love the square, such a great change in usual card sizes. Keep safe & healthy Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorably sweet and fun interactive card Amy!

    ReplyDelete