Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday with Toni: Mama Elephant Zodiac Monkeys


Oh, my goodness!  I just had to play with the Mama Elephant Zodiac Monkeys as soon as I had a moment. They're so flippin' cute!!


My first card pairs the ME Zodiac Monkeys with the Sunny Studio Tropical Scenes border. They're so perfect together!  Those little flowers?  They're from the Mama Elephant Tree Branch Cover die.


For the background, I sponged the MFT Mini Cloud Edges stencil with Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed.  The grass is Mowed Lawn, natch.

I colored up the images with Copics, including what has become my favorite combo for animals lately.


My next card evolved while I was Zoom crafting with some locals gals, I mentioned how perfectly sized and shaped the Zodiac Monkeys are for paper-piecing.  I tried out my idea right then and there, using Doodlebug Designs Fairy Tales 6x6 Paper for the monkey mounted on Waffle Flower JJ's Rainbows Paper for the card base.


I turned the monkey into a balloon using the string from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Kite dies. The stamped sentiment as well as the letters are Lawn Fawn as well:  Really High Five, Simple Wavy Banners, and Oliver's Stitched ABCs.

Had you noticed I had used the MFT Mini Cloud Edges to enhance the rainbow paper sky?


I continued the paper-piecing theme on another card using Lawn Fawn Spring Perfectly Plaid 6x6 Paper for the monkeys as well as the card base.  They're so cute in plaid!  I positioned them around the Mama Elephant Big Warm Fuzzy Hugs die. I first cut that from kraft (see below) and then changed it to blue. Ahh, much better.


Whew! What a creative week!  I hope to see you next week.  In the meantime, if you want to check out my other work you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Products Used and Recommended Include:

No comments:

Post a Comment