Monday, May 24, 2021

Hello from Toni: Stand for Something


Hello, my lovelies. Today I created a mixed media card with a message that resonates with me on a deep level. Stand for something and make sure you realize what you're actually standing for.

I have three cards to share  now that I think of it.  The first two were my original idea using the Mama Elephant Leafy Cover and while doing so I was thinking about how I could use the individual leaf cuts.


For the pink card, I sponged the Pretty Pink Posh Pretty Petals stencil using Distress Oxide Kitsch Flamingo after embossing the Pinkfresh Studio You Can Change the World sentiment in white.  I used Distress Ink Kitsch Flamingo along the perimeter as it shows darker.

The second card was even easier using quickly sponged Distress Oxide Cracked PistachioPeeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness on the background with the sentiment embossed in copper.


For the mixed media card, I used largely the same supplies.  I sponged the background in Distress Oxide Antique Linen and using the smooshing technique with the Pretty Pink Posh Pretty Petals stencil and Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers

Once that was dry I applied a thin layer of Liquitex Gesso then spattered with Distress Oxide Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge as well as Distress Ink Ground Espresso.  

I used the MFT Mini Staggered Circles stencil with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Peacock Feathers, mainly along the perimeter of the card. 


While that was drying I sponged the Mama Elephant Leafy Cover sprigs with Distress Oxide Antique Linen, Peacock Feathers and a touch of Rusty Hinge.

I used my MISTI to stamp the Pinkfresh Studio You Can Change the World sentiment with Versafine Vintage Sepia. I stamped it without reinking a few times on other parts of the card too.

I adhered the leaves to the card front and used hemp ribbon for the wrapped bow. 

It was at this point that I decided I needed more texture on the card so I used the MFT Mini Staggered Circles stencil with Dreamweaver crackle embossing paste in a few spots. 


I hadn't cleaned the stencil since using it with the Distress Oxides so the paste picked up those colors as I applied it.  Wondrous!

I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:

No comments:

Post a Comment