Monday, September 9, 2024

Spooky Wishes, Using Repeat Dies to Create a Fun Background

Hey friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook and I'm back to my usual antics with a fun Halloween card for Mix it up Monday. Today we're playing with repeat die cuts to create a fun background on your card.

Pretty Pink Posh Ghost Holder

I've had the Mama Elephant Circle Combo dies out quite a bit lately so they were my first to reach for with the variety of stitched circle sizes in that set. I chose 3 fabulous colors that seem to be my Halloween palette for 2024 and cut the 3 smallest circles from each one. I arranged them on my 4x5.25 inch piece of white cardstock and used liquid glue to adhere them in place. I trimmed off the excess of the circles hanging over the edge and splattered the panel with orange metallic watercolor.

Pretty Pink Posh Ghost Holder

Next, I pulled out some of the Pretty Pink Posh Halloween release and cut bats from the Ghost Holder die set. I used mini foam squares to pop them up all over my design. Then I used a sentiment from the new Halloween Corners stamp set using Distress Oxide ink in kitsch flamingo and spiced marmalade. I love that this stamp set has dies for the sentiments along with the images.

Pretty Pink Posh Ghost Holder

I popped my sentiment up along with one final bat. Then I popped the panel up one an A2 size piece of black cardstock and used liquid glue to adhere the whole thing to a white card base. Sometimes I use black card bases with another white insert inside but I'm running low on black cardstock we have to ration things until my order comes. haha!

How do you feel about the abundance of non-traditional color palette for holidays lately? I feel like it's getting more popular every year and I'm absolutely here for it!

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

1 comment:

  1. Super cute and I love all the pink showing up in Halloween cards.

    ReplyDelete