Monday, September 2, 2024

Florals For All Through the Year - Small Die Sets that Go a Long Way

Hey friends! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. It's Mix it up Monday on the Doodlebugs blog and I'm moving outside of my typical and playing with florals. There are some newer die sets from Spellbinders that are a fabulous price point but adorable, fun to create with and really versatile. The one we're playing with today is called Little Blooms. The dies in this collection range from $7 to $15 and you can use them for a billion and one different cards!

Spellbinders Little Bloom Dies

For today's card, I cut the different elements from a limited color palette (happens to be a favorite these days) and used liquid glue to assemble all the pieces. I played around with arrangement on my craft mat and landed on a loose circle. To make it easy to add them to a card front, I used a piece of Press-n-Seal to hold them together while I added foam squares to the back of everything. This also made it a piece of cake to figure out what size circle die I could use for my background and actually adhering all the pieces to that circle at once. Definitely a kitchen item to keep in your craft room.

Spellbinders Little Bloom Dies

So after the florals were stuck to the Press-n-Seal, I die cut a white circle from the Mama Elephant Circle Combo dies and ink blended distress oxide spun sugar to the center. I spritzed it with water and blotted it dry. Then I cut two of the scallop layers from a peach-orange cardstock and used liquid glue to adhere all my layers together.

Spellbinders Little Bloom Dies

After removing the release paper from the foam squares on my flowers I popped them in place on the scalloped circle card front. To turn this into a card, I cut the same stitched circle a second time, scored it 3/8" from one side and used liquid glue to adhere it to the back.

I went digging for a specific theme of sentiment and landed on it in the Spellbinders I've Got You Covered stamp and die set. I stamped it with celery stick ink and cut it out before popping it up across the center with foam strips.

I'm not a floral crafter but sometimes they're just what you need. This little die set will be a long standing part of my stash for that reason. It's simple and so pretty.

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:


No comments:

Post a Comment