Monday, September 23, 2024

Hang in There Mini Scene Card

Happy Mix it up Monday everyone! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. Sometimes creating even a whole card front can feel overwhelming. Whether it's too much coloring of images or too much space to fill. Today I have a fun design to share with you that shrinks your scene space but is really fun and has lots of interest too.

Pretty Pink Posh Batty About You

I started with a few images from Pretty Pink Posh Batty About You. I colored them with copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. Then I used a dab of liquid glue to adhere my bat to the tree branch.

Pretty Pink Posh Batty About You

Next, used some distress oxide inks to create a spooky sky on a piece of white cardstock. I started with crackling campfire, carved pumpkin and wild honey. After those were blended I went over the whole thing lightly with black soot, then went back over it all with the same colors to blend the black a little. I love the smoky look I ended up with. Next, I spritzed the panel with water and flicked black metallic watercolor on it too.

Pretty Pink Posh Batty About You

I trimmed a piece of black cardstock down to 4.25x3.5 inches and ran it through my die cut machine with the Spellbinders Tiny Dots embossing folder. This part of the design is easy to change up. Use a stencil or patterned paper, or maybe you like it simple and plain cardstock is your jam. Then just cut a 1/4" strip of contrasting cardstock to adhere to the top. It's like a bridge over the seam of your ink blending and the bottom panel. It polishes the design a lot.

Pretty Pink Posh Batty About You

Next, pop everything up on the ink blended panel with foam tape and squares. Placement of the sentiment can vary on this design too. I like the dab of orange at the bottom so that's where my sentiment strip ended up this time. But it often ends up just below the seam strip or even up in the scene itself. Play around with it and see what you like.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
 
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment