Monday, June 10, 2024

Ocean Themed Tri-Fold Scene Card

Hey everyone! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. Today's mix-it-up Monday is packed full of amazing! I went a little extra coloring some images from the Mama Elephant Me and My Whale set. After cutting everything out and playing around I had a fun thought to make a window card that opened into the scene but I had too much so I went a step further and created a tri-fold card with an ever unfolding scene and still room to write a message.

Mama Elephant Me and My Whale Tri fold card

Okay, starting things off, you just need 2 regular card bases, flip one backwards and slide them together. You'll glue the back flaps together and it will give you a tri-fold card base to work with.

My front panel is scored every half inch for a shiplap look on the front. Then ink blended with peeled paint distress oxide ink. I used the Spellbinders Coastal Escape View die set to cut my window and add all of the fun porthole decorations to the front. My sentiment is from Mama Elephant's Essential Tag Sayings. It has a great bubble font that stands out perfectly.

Mama Elephant Me and My Whale Tri fold card

For the scene our card opens up to, I inked a wave panel with salvaged patina and the card flap itself with salty ocean and tumbled glass. The seashells are more great dies from the Spellbinders Coast View set and the other images are from Mama Elephant Me and My Whale. This sentiment comes from Mama Elephant's Mixed Wishes Greetings.

Mama Elephant Me and My Whale Tri fold card

Our final descent brings us to the center of the card and down in the depths with more Me and My Whale images, paired with a little coral and seaweed from the same Spellbinders die set. I did pull in another sentiment set from Mama Elephant because I couldn't resist the whale talking to his mermaid friend. This one is called Simple Friends Bubbles and it stamps and die cuts 6 sentiments at once!

The background on this panel is ink blended with mermaid lagoon and tumbled glass distress oxide inks. All of the panels were also spritzed with water and splattered with white paint for texture. 

Mama Elephant Me and My Whale Tri fold card

Because of the nature of this card, everything is glued flat and there are no extra embellishments on the inside. I always get nervous that the dimension will ruin the layer above it or pages will stick together. So I kept it all simple except for a little stardust Stickles on the stamen of the front flowers.

It has been years since I've created a card this extra. I loved taking my time and enjoying the entire process of this project. I'd love to know if you create cards this involved or like to keep it simple. 
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment