Monday, June 3, 2024

A Berry Fun Full Card Front Shaker

Welcome to mix-it-up Monday on the Doodlebugs blog! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. We're creating a quick and fun full card front shaker with a summery strawberry theme. We've had a little relapse in weather but I'm not giving up on summer crafting in the slightest!

Waffle Flower Strawberries Stencil

I started my card today by inking up the Waffle Flower Strawberries background stencil set. To be sure the ink showed up really well on my kraft base, I used distress oxide inks. The colors I chose were candied apple, pine needles, mowed lawn and mustard seed. Then I spread a little glossy gel through the final seed layer for subtle shiny details.

Waffle Flower Strawberries Stencil

Once the glossy gel was dry, I trimmed the panel to 4x5.25 inches and wrapped a Waffle Flower shaker cover around it. I only adhered 3 sides at first, pouring in my shaker bits and then securing the last side down. I used tear tape for this because it's strong and instant. I find it works best with the plastic shaker covers. My sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and Spellbinders.

Waffle Flower Strawberries Stencil

Next, I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from Pretty Pink Posh Fresh Berries and used the coordinating die to cut it out. Then I stamped another small sentiment from Pretty Pink Posh Sentiment Strips | Valentine and cut it out with the smallest Pretty Pink Posh Sentiment Strip die. I adhered both of these to the front of my shaker panel with foam strips.

Waffle Flower Strawberries Stencil

Last of all, I added more tear tape to the back of the shaker panel and adhered it to a white card base. Once again, the tear tape is great against the plastic and gives you instant bond.

Now, just give it a little shake, shake, shake and it's ready to go!
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment