Thursday, June 6, 2024

Beautiful, One Layer Cards

Today I'm sharing a couple one layer cards, and some tips to add some "dimension" without adding layers. 

Concord and 9th Garden Path

I started with Concord & 9th's Garden Path Layering stencil.  I like this stencil because of the coordinating sentiments that are available.  They fit perfectly into the open area once you've completed your stenciling.

Here's how I "stepped up" the cards without adding layers:

For some added interest, I added some Stickles glitter glue to the centers of the flowers on this card. 

Concord and 9th Garden Path

For the next card, I added some gold glitter detail with embossing ink and gold glitter embossing powder.  It's hard to capture in photos, but this one gives you a good idea of what that looks like.  It would be fun to experiment with other colors [white, silver, matte gold].  I think white would be fun to heat emboss on some dark colors.

Concord and 9th Garden Path

For the next card I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I also added some clear embossing ink and powder to some of the details on the flowers and leaves.  To finish this card, I used my fine line, black marker to add a detailed frame around the entire image.

Concord and 9th Garden Path

Here is another card I created using Stickles glitter glue and the black outline frame.  It's fun to play and experiment with different techniques.

Concord and 9th Garden Path

Stop by tomorrow for a few more cards using this layering stencil.  I've stepped up the card and added some layers and dimension giving the stenciled image a different look.

 Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to create something today.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment