Thursday, February 29, 2024

Use Your Paper Scraps for Card-making

Today I'm sharing another card I created using some of my paper scraps.  My scrap drawer gets so full, it nice to use up some of those scraps and watch that pile shrink.

To crate this card I cut a bunch of strips using paper scraps and the Simple Strips die from Pretty Pink Posh.  If you don't have a die, you can use a paper cutter to cut the strips.  

 

After cutting the strips, I secured them to a scrap piece of thin, white paper.  I arranged them right next to each other in rainbow order.  Once they were glued to the paper, I cut the piece with the die cut circle from the Markered Messages die set from Concord & 9th.  This created the rainbow base for my circled sentiment sit above.

I then cut the sentiment portion of the die several times using white cardstock and secured them together, stacking them for some added dimension.  I stamped the sentiment onto a rectangle piece that is cut a bit smaller than my card base and then secured everything to the front of my card.

A few black hearts finished the card.

Thanks you so much for stopping by.  I hope you're inspired to create something with some of your scraps. If you'd like to another idea for using scraps, visit my previous post Simple, Interactive, Pop-up Card.

Cathy

 Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment