Thursday, February 8, 2024

Simple Interactive, Pop-Up Card

What do you do with a pile of paper scraps?  Today I'm sharing a quick and easy card using my paper scraps.  The card has an added surprise....the HELLO greeting pops up when you remove the card from the envelope.

Concord and 9th Markered Messages Pop-Up Card
To start this card I selected a pile of papers from my scrap box that worked well together.  Deciding which of the papers to use was the longest and hardest part of this card.  After choosing the papers, I used the Simple Strips die from Pretty Pink Posh to quickly cut an assortment of strips in different sizes and colors.

Once I had the pieces cut, I arranged them on a 4.25" x 5.5" sheet of white cardstock.  I placed them at an angle, laying and securing them down in rainbow order.  Once they were secure, I used my A2 card dies to cut the piece into a rectangle that would be slightly smaller than the front of my card panel.  

The dies make a more precise cut and I like how the edges look when cut with a die.  However, you could cut the strips and the panel using your paper cutter if you don't have these dies.

Concord and 9th Markered Messages Pop-Up Card

I stamped my sentiment and secured the panel to the front of my card base before I created the "springs" and attached my sentiment.

The sentiment was die cut several times and layered together to give it dimension and make it sturdy.

For the springs I cut a strip of paper about 1/2" wide [you could used one of the leftover strips you cut for the front of the card] and scored it at 1/4, 1/2,  and 3/4 inches and then cut at 1 inch.  I folded back and forth on the scored lines to create something that looked an "M".  I used this to secure the sentient to the front of the card.  Be sure to use strong adhesive so it doesn't come apart once it has dried.  [see image below]

All done!  These little springs will fold flat when you put the card in the envelope and pop up when the card is removed.

Concord and 9th Markered Messages Pop-Up Card

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you're inspired to create something today.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment