Monday, February 19, 2024

Dancing Monster Celebration Wishes with a Shaped Card and Gift Card Holder

Welcome to a monstrous mix-it-up Monday everyone!!! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook and I'm super excited to share my creations today. They were so fun to make! Words don't really express how much I think everyone should try making one of these dancing creations from Spellbinders. They are really easy and so fun, almost as much fun to give as to get!

Spellbinders Dancing Birthday Monsters

I started these projects by die cutting pieces from the Spellbinders Dancin' Birthday Monster set. I mixed and matched them, creating two monsters for the heck of it. That's when I decided it would be great to make a card and gift card holder set! I cut card layers with the Spellbinders Make a Wish Arch Labels dies - two of the largest and one of the next-to-smallest.

Spellbinders Dancing Birthday Monsters

I ink blended the Pretty Pink Posh Trellis stencil with Lawn Fawn jalapeno ink, then popped up the orange arch and also the monster. I die cut the word "celebrate" from the Pretty Pink Posh Gift Card Bag die set three times from black cardstock and glued it underneath the arch.

Spellbinders Dancing Birthday Monsters

For the card, I finished things off with a scattering of Pretty Pink Posh pistachio pearls and a little glossy accents on the top of the birthday hat.

Next, I created my gift card holder using the Pretty Pink Posh Gift Card Bag die set.

Spellbinders Dancing Birthday Monsters

After cutting the front and back of the bag from white cardstock, I inked both sides with the Trellis stencil just like the card front. Then I popped up the monster with foam squares and glued my sentiment underneath him. The sentiment is also part of the Gift Card Bag dies.

Spellbinders Dancing Birthday Monsters

Dancin' Character Tip: You'll see with the Spellbinders dancing characters, the legs have a tab at the top with a hole in it. To attach them to anything, add a foam circle to your base (card front or gift card bag), slide the hole over the foam circle, remove the foam release paper and adhere your character body on top. Be sure that the foam squares on your character don't impede the movement of the legs though. I just added them to the top half to make sure I was safe.

Please leave me a comment or send an email if this isn't clear and you'd like a step-by-step photo tutorial.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 


 Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment