Monday, March 4, 2024

Mass Producing Birthday Cards with a Few Tips

Hey friends! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook and it's Mix it up Monday! I'm mass producing some birthday cards because I need a bundle coming up soon. The way I did these made it easy to create a quick set of four cards but still gave them some individuality too.

Mama Elephant's Little Agenda stamps and Big Happy Birthday die

I started with the new Pretty Pink Posh Birthday Wreath layered stencil set, blending brushes and pretty much the rainbow of my Lawn Fawn inks. These stencils were designed brilliantly so it was easy to ink the different parts in different colors with my regular blending brushes. I think the only small brush I used was for the candle flames. Anyhow, I inked up four backgrounds the exact same and set them aside.

Mama Elephant's Little Agenda stamps and Big Happy Birthday die

Next, I pulled out the Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday die. I cut four sets of three from white cardstock and glued each set together with liquid glue. Then I chose four colors of cardstock from my stash that went with the colors of the background and cut one from each, gluing those to the top of the stacked white die cuts.

Mama Elephant's Little Agenda stamps and Big Happy Birthday die

Next, I went through all my Mama Elephant Little Agenda sets and found the ones with my favorite birthday images. I stamped two from each of the four that I chose and colored everything with copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them all out and matched them with a different colored sentiment so I could start assembling my cards.

Mama Elephant's Little Agenda stamps and Big Happy Birthday die

I used liquid glue to adhere each background to a card base and then added the sentiment dies to the center of each one. Then I added the two little agenda images to each card front with a combination of foam squares and liquid glue depending where they overlapped the sentiment.

Mama Elephant's Little Agenda stamps and Big Happy Birthday die

Once everything was assembled I pulled some twine from the stash and tied it around the top of each card, tying them in a small bow. Then I added glossy accents and stardust Stickles to parts of the images on each card. Usually party hats, balloons and bows. Just a little sparkle and shine for each card front.

Voila! I have four completed birthday cards that are pretty much to same but really different because of the different critters on each. Everyone has their favorites and that makes it special for them.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment