Monday, February 26, 2024

Dino Wishes, Mixing Die Cuts and Embossing Folders

Hey friends! This is Amanda with Twiddler's Nook. Mix it up Monday is here in a big way today! Prehistoric big!!! Lol. I finally played with the Spellbinders Birthday Dinosaur and couldn't stop after one so I have three cards to share with you today.

Spellbinders Birthday Dinosaurs

The whole thing started with me just wanting to play around with the adorable dinosaurs and escalated quickly. These dinos come together very quickly and are the simplest to put together. I recommend liquid glue so you have a second to fiddle with placement if you need to but other than that they are very self explanatory.

Spellbinders Birthday Dinosaurs

Once I had the dinosaurs created I went digging for bits and pieces to go with them and since I happened to have this new Mama Elephant Simple Friends Bubbles stamps and die set on my desk, I thought I would see how they went together.

Absolutely perfect, is how they went together! This sentiment set stamps and die cuts six sentiments at once which is awesome! This batch was stamped with Lawn Fawn peach fuzz ink three times to make sure I had good coverage and darken the color a little.

Spellbinders Birthday Dinosaurs

For my background I cut three Mama Elephant Sweet Shoppe Frames, keeping the center piece that cuts out. I glued each one to a white card base. Then used the Spellbinders In the Pines embossing folder on the center piece for each one. I chose contrasting colors to each dinosaur and ink blended those panels before gluing them back in the middle of the frames.

Spellbinders Birthday Dinosaurs

Last I just added my speech bubbles and dinosaurs to each card front with foam squares. They are so cute just how they are that I decided to skip shiny and sparkly for this set of cards. But by all means friends, go ahead and bling away if that's what your heart desires. I will never stop you! :)
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  


No comments:

Post a Comment