Monday, September 4, 2023

Christmas Mix and Match Fun with Stencils and Die Cutting

Hi there! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook today. Have you gotten any early start on holiday crafting this year? I feel like it really became a thing with companies doing Christmas in July releases which helped my motivation. I also noticed that Christmas crafting now compared to later on, my color choices are brighter and different which is sort of cool and fun!

Christmas card with Spellbinder's Christmas Bird Poinsettia and Mama Elephant's Everything Nice

I recently picked up some new goodies from Doodlebugs with the intent of mixing them together for some holiday cards. This was the first result from that. I started by playing with the Spellbinders Christmas Bird Poinsettia die cutting pieces and arranging them different ways. I used liquid glue to adhere everything except I added the poinsettia with foam squares for some dimension.

Christmas card with Spellbinder's Christmas Bird Poinsettia and Mama Elephant's Everything Nice 
Then I inked up a panel with the Pretty Pink Posh Argyle stencil set using mermaid and jalapeno Lawn Fawn inks. After stenciling, I glued the panel to a top folding card base and then glued my foliage down on that.

Christmas card with Spellbinder's Christmas Bird Poinsettia and Mama Elephant's Everything Nice

Next, I heat embossed and die cut a sentiment from Mama Elephant's Everything Nice sentiment set. I love these bold sentiments and have all of the collections. They come in handy and are a fabulous font! I added the sentiment with foam squares and liquid glue.

Since my foliage has some pretty gold shiny pieces, I didn't add any finishing touches. They were kind of built in when I added that shiny-ness everywhere as I went along.
 

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

No comments:

Post a Comment