Thursday, September 14, 2023

Celebrating Summer with Altenew's Zinnia Layering Dies

As the end of summer approaches, my garden, particularly my Zinnias are looking lovely.  They inspired me to create this floral card using the Zinnia layering dies from Altenew.

Altenew Zinnia Layering Dies
I started by creating the Zinnias.  I die cut multiple pieces from several different colors of cardstcok.  I then add a touch of color with some ink and my small blending brushes.  I applied the color to the centers of the flowers, adding color to each layer.  A few flowers also got a touch of color on the edge of the petals.  After the color was added, I assembled them using the instructional sheet included with the dies.

Altenew Zinnia Layering Dies

The background was created using the Quatrefoil background dies from Honey Bee Stamps.  I love the pierced details the base plate creates and how lovely it looks when you add the top plate.  Each of these background dies can be used on their own, but they are so beautiful when used together.

After I created the background piece, I die cut an oval from the Modern Ovals die set from
Spelllbinders.  I scored the oval about a half inch from the top and folded it over the top of the layered base I created.  I used some strong adhesive to secure the 1/2 inch portion to the back of my background and then covered it with another sheet of white cardstock cut the same size as my A2 base.  Now I have an oval flap that lifts up on the front of the card.  I added another white oval under the flap so I'd have a place to include a message.


Altenew Zinnia Layering Dies

I added the flowers and a foiled sentiment along with a die cut sentiment to the oval flap to finish the card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you're inspired to create something today.

Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

1 comment: