Monday, August 28, 2023

Repeat Die Cut Background with Crafty Critters Friends

Happy Monday crafty friends! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook sharing a fun idea to use repeated die cuts to create your background. Add some stenciling, adorable critters and a great sentiment and you've definitely got a winning card!

Pretty Pink Posh Crafty Friends Card with Spellbinder's Modern Ovals dies

Sometimes it's crazy making and sometimes it's fun when you have an idea and the creation of said idea does not turn out how it was going in your head. That's exactly what happened here but I still love it and really had fun creating this card!

Let's start by die cutting a bunch of the Spellbinders Modern Ovals - I chose the fourth one in from the smallest. I taped three of them to my work surface and ink blended the Pretty Pink Posh Trellis stencil using Lawn Fawn guava ink and a blending brush.

Pretty Pink Posh Crafty Friends Card with Spellbinder's Modern Ovals dies

I arranged them on my card front, originally planning to pop them all up, along with die cutting my sentiment. But as I started to play, I liked the idea of the sentiment on one of the ovals - it fits perfectly - and only popping that one up for a little added interest to that specific spot. So I glued everything down and popped that one up. Then I trimmed off the excess with my scissors.

Pretty Pink Posh Crafty Friends Card with Spellbinder's Modern Ovals dies

Next, I stamped and colored images from Pretty Pink Posh Crafty Critters with my copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and added them above the sentiment with foam squares.

Pretty Pink Posh Crafty Friends Card with Spellbinder's Modern Ovals dies

Last, I decided to stamp the mini sentiment intro to the blank oval on the top for fun. I was quite smitten with myself when I thought of that. It's so fun! And finally, for finishing touches I just added black glaze pen to the mouse's eyes and glossy accents to his nose and parts of the crafty supplies.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

1 comment: