Thursday, January 12, 2023

Valentine Heart Boxes with Spellbinders Essential Hearts

The Essential Hearts die set from Spellbinders includes numerous size hearts making it the perfect addition for my crafty supplies.  I've been making lots of cards using the different sized hearts.  Today, I thought I'd use one of the larger hearts to create a pocket.  Perfect for tucking in some sweet, Valentine treats, or a few goodies for a friend in need of some love.

To create the hearts, I started with some hot foiling.  I foiled several pieces of paper with the Heart Grid Hot Foil plate from PinkFresh Studio.  I love those tiny hearts!  After foiling, I used the heart die and cut several hearts from the foiled paper and several from solid paper (I used the solid pieces for the back).

The flowers were cut using the Spring Foliage die from Pretty Pink Posh.  I used white cardstock and colored them with ink and a blending brush.  I cut and inked quite a few.  Might as well since I have all the supplies out.  They'll be perfect for a future project and now I have enough flowers to embellish TWO hearts.

To put the heart pocket together I made some accordion sides.  I cut a strip of paper at 1 inch x 8 inches and scored that strip at 1/4 , 1/2 , and 3/4 inches.  After scoring, I cut the strip into 4, 2 inch pieces (enough for two hearts).  Fold each piece on the score lines, back and forth, to form a "W".  This is the "spring" for the sides, allowing it to stretch open for extra goodies.  Add these, with some strong adhesive, between the front and back heart to form the sides.

I added the flowers and the sentiments to the front of the hearts and filled them with goodies.

I can't wait to deliver these to my friends on Valentine's Day.

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  


No comments:

Post a Comment