Monday, January 16, 2023

Concord & 9th | Love you more than...flowers

I've been having fun creating with the I LOVE YOU MORE THAN... stamp and die set from Concord & 9th.  Last week I shared some cards using the fry box and ice cream cone dies.  Usually, when I sit down to get crafty, I die cut lots of pieces and then assemble them.  This helps me with inspiration.  I had cut lots of  different dies from that set and still had these flowers.  I need to make something with them.

I decided I'd create a pop up, window card inspired by one of Jennifer McGuire's videos.  If you're interested in recreating this card using the same pop-up element you may want to view her video.  I adapted her instruction to create a heart window and then added the flowers inside.

 

I used the Spellbinders ESSENTIAL HEARTS die to create the window for my flowers.  I also nested one die inside the other, taped them together, and cut a frame for my window.  The back panel, peeking through the heart window, features soft gray hearts (pink and gray for the second version of this card).  I used the LAYERED HEARTS 2 stencil pack from Pretty Pink Posh and some gray ink to create those hearts.

I wanted a bit more texture to the front of the card so I embossed the front panel with the DOTTED SCALES debossing plate from Altenew.

I felt the heart shaped window made this card perfect for a hand-made Valentine.  Depending on the sentiment you add, it's actually perfect for any occasion.  I created two versions.  One for a Valentine's Day card and one as a Thank You card.

The Valentine version says, "I love you more than (flowers - included on the inside).  For the second version I used the VERSATILE GREETINGS die set from Altenew and added "thanks" to the front of the card.

I hope I've inspired you to get creative.

Have a great week! 

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

1 comment: