Friday, January 13, 2023

Mama Elephant conversation hearts!

Mama Elephant Heart Grid Window

Hello my Doodlebugs friends!  It's Friday - yay - and time for a bit of nostalgia this week.  I have a sweet memory of passing out Valentines in my kindergarten classroom and finding a little box of Brach's conversation hearts on my desk from a secret admirer!  Of course, the same day he revealed his identity as he pushed me off of my swing - that's Kindergarten love for you!

With the help of a sweet die from Mama Elephant, and a few Altenew sets I found just the right words for a set of modern conversation hearts...

A bit of 'stamp surgery' and I was able to put together sentences that fit perfectly onto these darling hearts - here is how I made that job a little easier with the help of the guidelines on my glass mat and a bit of repositionable tape...

I used the smallest heart from that Spellbinders Essential Hearts die set I used last week for my cookie to cut one slightly larger heart from pink cardstock for the main word: SMILE!

Starting with a fabulous die the sky's the limit to say what your heart wants to say - all you have to do is take a closer look at the sentiments you have in your stash! How do you like my color combo of pink, orange, and merlot?  All found among my many Altenew mini cube sets!

Mama Elephant Heart Grid Window

Have a fun and crafty weekend!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   
 
Altenew sets used:
    Charmed
Various Altenew inks 

14 comments:

  1. AWESOME card Michele!! I love how you think outside the box to create one of a kind cards, and this one with the different sentiments from different sets to create your conversation hearts is just WONDERFUL! Loved your "memory" too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever to put together these sentiments on the tiny hearts! This card does bring back memories of these conversation hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conversation hearts will always bring back happy childhood times. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you pulled sentiments from different sets to put this cute card together! Sounds like that little guy had a love hate relationship with you! You came out the winner though, you got the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As he pushed you off the swing…😂 fantastic card and story! Brilliant idea with the tape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the end result, very clever use of sentiments. And the colours you used perfect together. We hardly do anything this side of the world for Valentine, I don't think anything was ever done at school, not sure about now though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet idea! Love the pink center and all that creativity coming up with the sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my fondest memories are of grade school Valentines and the parties. We made and decorated the little pouches that would hang on the front of our desks, and then hope to get a most meaningful Valentine from the boy of our dreams. I always want my Valentines of today to be just like those. Conversation hearts were the best and yours look just like them with a few more grown up hearts thrown in. Such fun, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Valentine card, Michele! So fun to see love sentiments in different font styles and ink colors!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A labor of love for sure! How neat that you have so many fun sentiments in your stash, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the color choices-Wow! How creative to put those all those sentiments on the hearts! Conversation hearts, gotta love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the sweetest! It must have taken forever to put it all together, but it is so wonnderfully nostalgic and clever. Love the ink colors you chose and the larger heart in the middle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to bring back memories and make a darling valentine, Michele. So glad you had all those stamps to use and knew where to find them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved conversation hearts myself as a kid....if truth be told, I still love them. Not to eat so much, but just for the fun sayings on them and the nostalgia. But I will eat them too. LOL I do so love how you "modernized" your paper conversation hearts! Such fun "sayings" in fun color combos! Would make any heart swoon for sure. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete