Monday, January 24, 2022

Simplified Valentine Slimline Shaker


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a super cute Valentine using the Mama Elephant Owl Are You with the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Slimline Portrait with Hearts dies.

I started the card by cutting out the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Slimline Portrait with Hearts dies using a sturdy white cardstock.  I sponged the scalloped edging with the Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick, spattered it with water and set it aside to dry.  

Then I added acetate behind the heart windows along with sequins and Honey Bee Love Letters 6x6 Paper to make the shaker. The HB paper already has a sponged ombre look so that saved some time.  I also could have made a single shaker for all three hearts but opted to use Scor-tape to make each individual.


I colored up the Mama Elephant Owl Are You images with Zigs with some Copics dots for feather texture.  They're sooooo cute!

For the sentiment I used one of the leftover hearts from Lawn Fawn Scalloped Slimline Portrait with Hearts diecuts and backed it with the Honey Bee Love Letters 6x6 Paper.  I then embossed the Mama Elephant Owl Are You sentiment and stacked it on top.

Offsetting the images and sentiments on top of the heart windows makes the card look more complicated than it is. Now time to impress your Valentine!


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended:

No comments:

Post a Comment