Monday, January 10, 2022

Creating an Embossed Floral Valentine


Hello, everyone! Today I'm sharing a card using the Pinkfresh Studio Pop Out Hexagons. I only recently discovered this line of pop out stamps right before the holidays and was intrigued by the idea.

I removed the hexagons and stamped the outline in Versamark. I then stamped a few of the striped and floral hexagons in Versamark as well before embossing the lot with Ranger Gold Embossing Powder.  It was very easy positioning the hexagons by eye.


You can certainly leave the hexagons in place to stamp but it was faster for me to remove them and stamp by hand.  Plus, you need to make sure they're nestled within the outline completely or you end up with ink where you don't want it. Ask me how I know.

I watercolored the images and empty hexagons with Zigs. To finish the card I cut out a few of the Mama Elephant Oval Deco Frame sprigs using glitter paper and nestled those behind the Pinkfresh Studio Lots of Love diecut.


Before I go, let me show you what I mean by ink ending up where you don't want it.  I turned it into a design detail but this wasn't at all what was in my head at the time. You can read more on my blog about it.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment