Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Fun Summer Themed Pop-Up Card...



Hello and happy Wednesday everyone!!! Mayra here with you today. 
I am so excited to be back with you sharing this fun summery themed pop-up box card. 



 I started by die cutting the pieces needed to create the Scalloped Box Pop-Up by Lawn Fawn using Bristol Smooth Cardstock for the areas to decorate the pop-up card. The base of the card I die cut out of white cardstock. I then used the larger rectangle die from the set and cut out a window in what would be the front of the card. I also trimmed off the front piece that folds over. 


I then used the base of the die to cut two more layers. I then trimmed them to fit inside the card. I used the Stitched Wave Borders to make them into waves. Next, I used Peacock Feathers with the Mini Ink Blending Tools to add color to them and to all the panels that would have an underwater scene. 


For the sunny sky, I used Distress Oxide inks as well. I love the way they blend. I started with Squeezed Lemonade, then Mustard Seed, then  Spiced Marmalade, and finished with Ripe Persimmon.


For the sandy areas, I used the Slimline Stitched Hillside Borders dies. I then used Distress Inks in the colors Gathered Twigs, Brushed Corduroy, and a bit of Ground Espresso to add color to them. I then adhered all of the pieces onto the card base to create each of the scenes. 


After having the card mostly assembled, I colored the images I would be using. 
I used Copic markers to color them in. For the orange areas, I used YR09, YR18, YR04, Y38, and Y35.  For the blue areas, I used B24, B32, and B21. For the yellow areas, YR24, Y19, Y08, Y00. The stamp sets I used were Ocean Shell-fie, On The Beach, Mermaid For You, Smooth Sailing, and Keep On Swimming. I then used the Lawn fawn Glue Tube and 3M Scotch Mounting Tape to adhere the images to the card. I finished the card by stamping the main sentiment onto the banner from the Shadow Box Card Ocean Add-On die set using Jet Black Ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I created to share with you and feel inspired to create. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. 
Hoping you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 
Please feel welcome to visit me at my blog here, or on Instagram here.

Links to products used are listed below:


3 comments:

  1. Love this! I'll have to try something similar soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. I love how you adapted the base and gave it a window. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete