Monday, March 18, 2024

See-Through Tags to Make Your Gifts Extra Special

Welcome to another Mix it up Monday for the Doodlebugs blog! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook and this time I needed a couple of tags for thank you gifts I was giving at work. The gifts were really pretty candles, one pink and one orange, so I pulled my color inspiration from that. It's a great little trick to remember if you're stuck for palette inspiration.

Mama Elephant Flower Shower stamp and dies

I dug through all my fun tag shapes and landed on this awesome see-through tag from Pretty Pink Posh. I cut one orange and one pink, then two white for the back layer. I sandwiched acetate between the layers so I had somewhere to adhere my images.

Mama Elephant Flower Shower stamp and dies

Trying to decide what images to use, I came across the adorable Mama Elephant Flower Shower set and thought these flowers would be perfect colored in the deep colors I was going for. So I chose two, stamped and colored them, then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Mama Elephant Flower Shower stamp and dies

Next, time to choose a sentiment. Obviously, I needed a thank you style but which one? I felt super punny when I read "thanks a bunch" in the Mama Elephant Banner Greetings die set and couldn't resist. I cut the solid banner from white and the sentiment layer from black, adhering them with liquid glue.

Mama Elephant Flower Shower stamp and dies

After popping the sentiment banners and images up with foam on the tag shapes, I tied twine through the holes in coordinating colors and added glossy accents to critter noses and flower centers. Last I added black glaze pen to the critter eyes to help them shine.

These tags added just enough to a simple gift to make it feel special and that little extra. 
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!  

 Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment